COVID 19 ResponseSt. Andrew's Centre
COVID 19 Update from St. Andrew’s Centre
St. Andrews Centre took a practical and proactive stance when the threat of COVID 19 first appeared in our Province. The Centre Management promptly evaluated the entire facility to implement immediate changes in our protocols and procedures to ensure we were completing our due diligence in protecting our population as swiftly and efficiently as we could. At the Centre we have put many measures in place prior to the direction of the Chief Medical Officer of Alberta which we feel has been a benefit to our community.
Individuals over the age of 60 and those with pre-existing health conditions are most at risk of severe symptoms from COVID 19. To help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including COVID 19, among our residents and staff we were preemptively following the new expectations as outlined by Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health.
– Through cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces and equipment (for example: Garden Café, elevator buttons, hand rails, mailboxes, laundry machines, etc)
– Physical distancing in all areas of the building with residents and staff
– All social activities have been cancelled, recreational supplies have been removed, cleaned and stored for added protection.
– Closures of hairdresser, tuck shop, games/exercise room, library, pink room, etc
– One designated essential visitor only allowed on site and in residents’ suite. Visitors complete hand hygiene prior to entering the facility, are health assessed and temperatures taken.
– Garden Café restructuring: removal of self-serve/ communal items (cutlery, cups, etc), line formation change to promote physical (social) distancing, dining tables and chairs were reduced to below guidelines.
– Health assessment of all staff reporting for their shifts including temperature checks.
– Move in’s are being deferred to May.1, 2020 which may be extended if necessary.
– Residents are encouraged to stay on facility property except in cases of necessity (physical exercise, groceries, etc) and exceptions (medical appointments).
These measures can change day by day, and some decisions are made based on individual circumstance we thank everyone for their patience and understanding. We have added extra staff where necessary and all staff are completing extra duties such as cleaning, mail delivery, etc to support the community.
Residents must report immediately to Management/Security if they are feeling unwell. Any resident feeling unwell must stay in their suites and self-isolate until symptoms have cleared entirely and/or 14 days. If you require direction please call Healthlink at 811. If you require assistance with meals or services please call the main office for options. In the event of an emergency call 911.
St. Andrew’s Centre takes pride in offering our residents safe, stylish, and carefully selected accommodations to meet their individual needs. With a wide range of amenities and features available to seniors, our suites are the perfect place to call home! All suites are non-smoking and regularly maintained. Rent includes utilities and basic cable television.
Life at St. Andrew’s Centre
St. Andrew’s Centre is filled with activity and action in our vibrant community life. We have built a vibrant social home for our residents with space for socializing, hobbies and developing new skills. Our popular ‘Artist in Residence’ program provides a unique window into new creative ideas and inspiration for independent living. There’s so much for everyone to enjoy together in our safe and secure environment.